“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood …” - Marie Curie
I am a 4th year Ph.D. student at the Computational Sensory-Motor Systems (CSMS) Lab, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University (JHU). My current research spans the spectrum of biomorphic computer vision, neuromorphic circuits & systems that promise “greener” Artificial Intelligence and neural interfacing electronics that hold implications for neurorehabilation as well as bidirectional communication between digital and biological (neural tissue) computers. I am advised by Dr. Ralph Etienne-Cummings, known for early works in the neuromorphic engineering and robotics. Prior to joining the CSMS Lab in 2020, I worked as a research intern at the Dr. James Weiland’s BioElectronic Vision Lab, University of Michigan. There, I collaborated on a number of projects in the areas of retinal prostheses, optimization for closed-loop neurostimulation and calcium imaging. In Summer 2022, I received the MSE in Electrical Engineering from the Johns Hopkins University en route the Ph.D. I also received an MS in Electronics Engineering from Norfolk State University(NSU) in 2020. At NSU, I worked at the Computational Cardiac Engineering Lab and was advised by Dr. Makarand Deo. My master’s thesis there focused on the formulation of heuristically optimized computational model of a stem cell-derived cardiomyocyte with implications in cardiac safety pharmacology. I hold a BSc. Biomedical Engineering (First Class Honors) from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Ghana which I received in 2017. On the lighter side, I love to cook and listen to Afrobeats. At my leisure, I dabble in world history, philosophy and sci-fi. Before and after a hard day’s work, I pet/walk Zeus, my dawg!
| - | |:–:| | See Forever Trail, Telluride CO (Summer 2023)|
- [July 2023] Participated in the 2023 Telluride Neuromorphic Cognition Workshop.
- [April 2023] Presented “A Current-Mode Implementation of a Nearest Neighbor STDP Synapse” accepted to the IEEE NEWCAS 2023 Conference, Scotland Edinburgh
- [February 2023] Seminal papers [1,2] on the exploration of the new ‘Organoid Intelligence’ field published in Frontiers in Science and Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence.
- [November 2022] Speaking at the Laboratory for Computational Sensing + Robotics (LCSR) Seminar - 11/06. Abstract.
- [October 2022] JHU Diploma arrived in the mail! MSE in Electrical Engineering en route the PhD.
- [July 2022] Presented LODeNNS at the International Conference on Neuromorphic Systems (ICONS 2022).
- [July 2022] Participated in the 2022 Telluride Neuromorphic Cognition Workshop.
- [December 2021] Paper published in IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (TNSRE)
- [September 2021] Passed JHU ECE Department Qualifying Exam
- [June 2021] Paper published in Frontiers in Physiology
- [December 2020] Received NSU Diploma. MS in Electronics Engineering.
- [August 2020] Joined the Johns Hopkins University, Awarded the Dean Robert H. Roy Fellowship
- [March 2020] Defended master’s thesis at NSU.
- [April 2020] 2 papers accepted in the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference (EMBC) 2020
- [January 2020] Joined the BioElectronic Vision Lab at the University of Michigan as a research intern.